The GreenLight Business Model Competition, an early-stage pitch competition bringing together entrepreneurs and small business supporters from all over Michigan, announces the winners of its sixth annual event. Co-created by Spartan Innovations and MSUFCU in 2013, the event connects entrepreneurs with some of Michigan’s top talent in angel and venture capital investment.
Twenty teams pitched their ideas to a panel of experienced judges at the most recent competition, hosted by MSU’s Wharton Center, on March 28th. Nine winners received cash prizes totaling $100,000.
This year’s awardees include:
• McLaren-sponsored Grand Prize ($40,000): Sonodontics
• MSUFCU-sponsored second prize ($25,000): Locker Lifestyle
• Third prize ($10,000): MedKairos
• Fourth prize ($7,500): AgHelp
• Fifth prize ($5,000): Smart Staffing
• Sixth prize ($2,500): Just Duckin Hunting Chair
• Undergrad first place ($6,500): Locker Lifestyle
• Undergrad second place ($2,500): Smart Staffing
• Undergrad third place ($1,000): Every Two Minutes
“Every year, GreenLight draws more and more inspiring talent,” said Paul Jaques, director of student and community engagement at Spartan Innovations, GreenLight’s program sponsor. “With yet another year of record-breaking numbers of applications and event attendees, Michigan’s entrepreneurial roots are alive and well.”